View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 07:13 AM
dabbler312

Is the post office open today being that it's Columbus Day - if not maybe the servers are down as well.

I love butternut squash - I have two jumbo butternuts sitting on the workbench waiting to be processed. Yesterday I baked and froze 12 quarts of squash - I get squash from a Menonite family at such a perfect price point that it doesn't make sense for me to plant them when I don't have the room in my garden for all those vines. If my folks were such kermungeons I could probably have planted there - but the stars lined up and said it wasn't ment to be - their loss. I processed acorn and two other varieties yesterday - I can't remember what they're called - oh well - doesn't matter because they're mighty tasty.

I have my partners project cut out - will sew together tonight after company leaves - having a Norwex party for one of my girlfriends that sells it - I personally don't own any but I have friends interested in it so agreed to host a party; we're having chicken salad on shoestring potatoes, fresh fruit, garlic toast and warm apple crisp with vanilla icecream for dessert. It will be a lot of fun - it's been a long time since I hosted this sort of party.

You all have a wonderful day.

Kristine