View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 04:31 PM
yobrosew

Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie View Post
Thank you. I think I see what she means now. It's not what we normally think of a QAYG but it is a way to build on the right of your work as you go. In your original post I thought you were describing something where you quilt front back and batting together first, but I guess that was just for the first strip.

One more question- why not make your first strip twice as wide- you could do the right half and then flip it. Still keeps your work off to the left but saves you one join in your batting?
I did mention in the original post the quilt front block sewn directly to the batting. In this block I used the batting as foundation and then trimmed a 1/4 seam allowance. I would attach a bunch of this side-to-side for a row. No need to put batting between top and bottom now. This way if my blocks are not too big and/or I use flannel back I can skip the machine quilting altogether. Or I may just run a three lines about 1/2' apart down the middle of the row for machine quilting. I am not real familiar with uploading photos so may have to magnify to see.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]441521[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails square.jpg