View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 08:18 AM
YukonViv

I am anxiously awaiting my copy his latest to arrive by mail. I love my Kaffe Fasset books, they are so inspiring. I'm not a pattern follower, I'm very visual, show me what you want me to do and I'll do it. I see a template, I know what piece I'm trying to achieve and I cut (rotary) my fabric to make it work.

I just wanted to address the concern about new quilters, I have a friend that I taught to quilt. She's become extremely good at making quilt tops (she's decided she doesn't like the quilting portion of it and sends it off to a local long armer) and she's developed a great style that is hers.

Her second quilt was a Kaffe Fasset and it's fabulous! It was Sunlight in the Forest and it taught her a lot about how to achieve the look she wanted...templates show you your shape and go from there. It was a great learning tool for her and I must say she's hooked. It's given her a great base to build her future quilts on and the confidence not to follow a quilt patterns direction if she chooses not to.