View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 11:57 AM
CindyA

[ATTACH=CONFIG]441621[/ATTACH]

QuiltingNtheRain, YES I quilt in my dining room. And not just when I have a project going - pretty much all the time. We have a small round kitchen table in the kitchen for our family meals. But I need to clean out the dining room before family gatherings and book club. OK, that's the plain ugly truth!! See my computer screen on? That's on your post, I did not take time to straighten up. I took the picture as soon as I read your post.

I have NOT found a great way to keep things organized. I don't have a good place to store it when I have to clean it up. I have NO hope of getting a room for my quilting. I also have work items that I need to keep and some of them are on the floor right now beside the dining room table. I was going to clean it up so I can have friends over this weekend. I just found out it's only 2 of them, I know them well, they don't have the quilting/crafting bug and are both very tidy. BUT, we'll have the living room and kitchen.

In the picture, you can see my chair, I got a comfortable one because I just need it. See the dining room chairs stacked in the corner? They stay that way until I need them for company. There were just too many and the room is too small. To the left of my chair is the big ironing board. It's only up because I had some yardage that needed to be pressed. Usually I have a tv tray set up there with a small ironing board on top of it. You'll see a portable tv. It's for movies only. I can also stream on the laptop while I sew. I'm putting the binding on a snowball quilt, using my featherweight. The half-squares of red/white and green/white are leaders and enders (Bonnie Hunter's String Fling). Over on the buffett (to the right) you can see a binder laid out. It has my information for the Dear Jane I'm also working on. Just under the dining room table I have three stackable bins, maybe 10X15 and 8" deep that have some fabric and my completed DJ blocks.

So, there you have it and I'm so glad there's someone else out there still sewing on the dining room table!

PS The single best thing I have is the white plastic cart (to the left of the china cabinet). It is great for storing all my supplies (i.e. extra needles, pins, thread, fray check, hot glue gun, machine quilting supplies (pins, etc.). It has see through drawers which helps and I also label the front of each drawer.

Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails img_0379.jpg  

Last edited by CindyA; 10-16-2013 at 12:01 PM.