Old 10-17-2013, 03:41 AM
carriem

Mirabelle--I would be very frustrated as well!! We have some of those types of things we deal with at our retreats. My friend and I organize there retreats (March and October) and we don't make money on them. We just ask that people help with ONE meal throughout the weekend...this includes helping to bring food, prep, and clean up. It is hard to get people to sign up for a food item (I am talking about a loaf of bread or some fruit...nothing big/expensive). Some times people just sit around during "their" meal and let others in the group do their work. Yet they are always happy to eat when it is time.

I like how you "stretched" the runner with partial blocks! What a great idea!!

Today is the day though and I really am looking forward to it. I leave in just a couple hours. All is packed. MIL is coming out to keep an eye on the kids while DH is at work today and tomorrow so I don't have to worry about what they're up to, the house will be clean and laundry started before I go (should be done by the end of the day!) and I get to spend several hours with BF shop hopping before the retreat starts.

I do have to have surgery. No date set yet. Probably early to mid November. Doctor says at least 2 months recovery time. I am going to think 3, then if it is less I will be happy. It will be hard not to sew or do a lot of other things I like to do, but in the long run I will not have the tendon rubbing and the pain will be gone...as long as I let it heal and don't do anything I shouldn't too soon!!! DH and I are going to plan some meals for the first couple weeks and do some prep stuff ahead of time. He enjoys cooking so that is nice, plus the kids like to cook too if they know what needs to be made. No one likes dishes, so I think that will be the only fight as far as chores to get done.