Old 10-17-2013, 11:17 AM
givio

I will voice an opinion about the question posed by Neesie. I agree that some of the same people return again another month, and likely their purpose is to get new and different charms. There (hopefully) will be new people joining in too. I was new the first time! But now I want to do another swap. I'd like to see new fabrics each swap, just like my first time! :-) I expected the first time that I'd get some charms I might not like-- because we are all different people with different tastes. But I don't expect to get the same fabric in a swap. So... I think those people who return to this same swap should send a different fabric than they sent before, AND something different than they received in past swaps. This way, first-comers will receive different charms and returning swappers will too. Isn't the point of a swap to get something that's different and new to you? It's very kind of Sandra to have worked around this issue, trading out familiar charms to newcomers who might not have seen that fabric before so that old-comers could receive something different. I applaud that effort! But it shouldn't be necessary. There are so many cute fabrics and new ones being designed all the time! :-) With regard to charms that you might not want-- the internet offers lots of possibilities for finding a home for them: another swap, sell them on ebay or craigslist, sew them into something you can trade or sell or give away, etc.