Old 10-17-2013, 01:55 PM
ube quilting
Power Poster

Does everyone remember the talk about turkeys earlier on in this thread? Well I have a quick turkey story.

Minding my own business, driving home from work, on the back roads I always take, I was stopped by a traffic jam where usually there is no traffic. Looking ahead in hopes of seeing what was up, I spotted the trouble. There in the middle of the road was a hen turkey. The few cars in front of me squeezed by her as she ran next to each one as they passed her.

I didn't like this action one bit. My car automatically pulled to the center of the road and the flashers went on. With every good intention, I decided to shoo the bird off the road. Well, she didn't want to go, no way, no how. I must have spent ten minutes coaxing her around and around and around and around

and around my car, the next car, my car. She was watching her self in the side of the cars and just couldn't get enough of herself. I asked people ( who were sitting in theirs cars laughing) to get out and help.

No one, not one person, would come to this girls rescue. After a final plea and throwing my hands in the air , and maybe a little scream too, Out pops not one, not two, not three or four, but five young men form a little car several places behind me. They yelled to me " what are you trying to do?" As soon as I pointed to the dear little turkey, they were off and running. It was so funny to see these young guys being out smarted by one little turkey until they finally got her to the middle of a field and she kept on going in the other direction.

I thanked them for rescuing both of us. We headed back to our cars and everyone of the Ba(*&^%$ that didn't help, thanked me and praised my kindness to animals. My immediate thought was I COULD have been praising them too.

I'm glad the pretty little hen is okay and away from the road for now.

Thanks for letting me tell you how my day ended!
peace

EDIT: I am going to have to do a turkey quilt for sure , now!

Last edited by ube quilting; 10-17-2013 at 01:59 PM.