Old 10-17-2013, 03:22 PM
mirabelle

Thank you everyone, yesterday at patchwork we had a new member (who has a longarm, my new best friend) she was teaching everyone the quilt as your go reversible lob cabin block. We had 28 ladies turn up and there was 26 machine humming away. Yet on charity sew day we will be lucky to have 6 ladies turn up with machines and everyone else will have knitting or hand applique they are working on, they will sit with their heads down hoping nobody talks to them. So frustrating

Carriem will be thinking of you leading up to your shoulder surgery, you have such a wonderful family, you will be pampered as you recover.

QuiltE I am only giving one set to my club as part of the 10 sets we agreed to contribute, the others will go directly to the club who is organising this project. A personal contribution from me.

GGal I am being very careful with my shoulder and am quickly learning what hurts the most. Straight sewing is not a problem, machine embroidery seems to be painful, I think that it is the amount of thread changes I do as the arm is raised up and down a lot. Paper Piecing also hurts as I am using the left arm to trim with the rotary cutter and quilting I am only doing in short bursts of an hours (or two) I love your quilts, the colours in your A4A are beautiful and the scrappy is very interesting, love the sashing treatment, very unique.

Oksewglad - white frosting makes me laugh, it is 9am here and I am starting to perspire, it rained on Thursday night so the humidity level has started to rise, the air conditioner will be turned on about 11, for now the ceilings fans are on full force Yummy pies in the oven, lemon meringue is one of my all time favourites..

Honchey what brand of new embroidery machine did you get, I just had new gears put in my Pfaff 4.0 CV cost me $400 to have the machine fixed.. I am seriously thinking that my next embroidery machine may be a multi needle one (don't tell DH)

Anael I hope you are feeling better soon, lots of quilts come in handy sometimes

JanRN I now have visions of you running naked through the streets in my head, they had better employ someone, anyone, everyone, reallll soooooooonnn

I sewed three more rows on my mini stars quilt last night, gee its hard to get a photo and not get the design wall in the pic Now I am off to the cave to do a little more quilting on my Tweet quilt. Have a great day everyone
Attached Thumbnails dscf0636.jpg