View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 03:56 PM
Sewnoma

You guys are getting great deals on yours! I paid a lot more for mine, but then again everything near me is extra expensive.

I could have paid less for mine and bought online but I opted to pay the extra and buy local. My dealer is pretty good - a couple times I have had questions and I just called and asked; they remember my name and what machine I have and have always been able to help me out right away. I don't mind paying extra for that kind of service, and I like to buy local when I can - this dealer is active in the local sewing community and lends machines out for classes so I feel like by supporting them I'm also helping to support other sew-crazy locals.

I did check reviews for the dealer online before I bought from them, though, since I was deliberately paying extra for their services I wanted to make sure they were good! (They also offer unlimited in-person classes anytime I want but so far I haven't needed that much help - the machine is pretty easy to use and the manual is decently good.)

Wherever you get it...congratulations! You'll love your new machine! I've had mine about a year and a half now; sewn about 25 quilts on it and still love it like crazy! I looked at the next model up recently, thinking about trading up, and decided I liked my 6600 better.