Old 10-17-2013, 08:02 PM
charlotte37830

Thanks for your input. Since this is my first time hosting, I haven't had to do the swapping yet. I think Sandra has done a great job. If I get a charm that I sent in, I just figure that someone else also sent in that fabric too. I hope you do join our swap. I think it usually goes smooth, we just hit a hiccup. Everything will work out fine.

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 View Post
I guess I'm confused about the returning of squares...if you are allowed to have a mixture of fabrics within the set of 20 how would anyone know if it was from a prior swap or if you just had a hodge podge of squares in one baggie? If they meet the swap rules I'd think a mixed baggie would be fine.

To not expect to get back some fabric from a prior swap would require the memory of 10 elephants for the poor hostess...I don't see how anyone would ever know who got what previously. I'm in awe of their abilities to sort and swap them anyway I tip my hat to all the hostesses.

6 sets of 20 each is 120 squares. If your set of 20 is all the same, things are a little simpler...if not then it really gets hectic.

6 sets from 20 different swappers (keeping the math easy here for me) is 120 different fabrics (if they are all the same fabric). I can't see how within that 120 fabrics there won't be a few duplicates. (Increase the number of swappers and that increases the number of possible duplicates)

This is a swap...you take your chances at what comes back so you can have a variety of fabrics to choose from to use. We say "thanks for swapping" and use the ones we want and re-purpose the others. If you aren't getting back what you think you should, I'm sorry (even though I haven't swapped squares this year) you aren't happy. I'd like to think everyone IS sending the best they have and wish to swap with.

I was going to sign up but now I will rethink it for a little bit ... these use to be fun but they seem to have become some what well, un-fun?