Old 10-18-2013, 04:06 AM
moonwork42029

Originally Posted by givio View Post
If everyone uses the swap rule 'send something you'd like to receive' then, sure, it's fun! I thought about some of the comments here today... and now I like all the fabrics I got, even the ones I wasn't keen on before. When I look at each one, I think-- this woman (or man?) has taken the time to choose this fabric and cut it for me. She's either spent her time shopping and paying her hard earned dollar for it, or she's looked through fabrics at home that's she's collected one way or another. She's made the trip to the post office for postage, she's packed it up for me and mailed it. Maybe she's young and full of energy. Maybe she's quick. Maybe she's well-to-do, can afford to buy what ever she likes, has a rotary cutter and whipped out the charms in rows and finished cutting in 15 minutes. Or maybe she's elderly and slow... maybe she's living on social security, maybe she took a fabric from her closet she had for 20 years and now at last she's decided to use it. Maybe she has arthritis in her hands, who knows? maybe she's using a scissors to fussy cut areas she selects, and leaning over her table, cutting each squares separately from that pile of pieces for two hours has made her back ache... I've come to appreciate all the charms I received. It might be someone didn't like them and I got some returned ones, but originally they came from somebody who hoped they would be well-received. :-) They sent something they'd like to receive!

I'm glad for the opportunity to be in a group of people who are sewing and making things and sharing. I have been to a couple of countries where the people were poor and there was economic struggle. Believe me, orphans love even a piece of paper! Any quilt made from any kind of fabric would be a wonderful treasure to them.
You hit the nail on the head exactly for me! Thank you for your clear thoughts from the heart. My day is looking better already.

Thank you to all the hostesses for all the swaps...YOU do a fantastic job

I've slept on it and will pm you at lunch to join up too. (I gotta get ready for work now darn it)