Old 10-18-2013, 05:58 AM
MaryMo

Originally Posted by owlvamp View Post
Oh my gosh ladies . I'm sorry Charlotte you have to go through this. I've seen so much drama in the swaps this past few weeks. I won't join swaps because of it. I'm not a drama person and started the I SpY Swap for fun. I wanted everyone to have FUN! But it doesn't seem that way now. I. Sorry you all but some people can not afford high quality fabric. And in the rules not by me but the board the swap has to be open to everyone. You have no idea what the person disable issues are and they are doing there best. I did not come across one with selvage that couldn't be hidden in the 1/4 seam. I think there was one and if you are unhappy with it send it back to me and I will replace it. As a hostess I have done a lot to keep some that weren't quite perfect and I will use them in mine. Even if a corner was a tad off it will be hidden in the seam and no one will notice. I am proud of every quilt I send to charity. I do my best at everything I do.
I believe there is something in the air the last few weeks. Just stop and look around and how many people are without jobs or in financial pinch. Those ones here in our swap are doing there best. Please let's send in fabric you want to receive back. But remember you might can afford high quality fabric but another might only can go to Walmart , Joann's or wherever and that's there best. If anyone can't handle that then this swap is not for you. I thought this swap was so much better. Unfortunately I can not take orders there was so many in the swap. I honestly thought everyone did wonderful on choosing their children's fabric for the last swap.
So let's have fun! Let's be thankful for what we receive and have tons of fun!

Thank you for saying this so perfectly. I was one who was somewhat critical of some of the squares that I got but as I mix them with others, my project is turning out wonderful, something a child and parent will have fun talking about at cuddle time. I'm so glad someone is organizing this swap because I have no experience in this area and taking the time to collect all these fabrics by other means would take so much time.

Thank you Charlotte for doing the organizing! I admire you more than you will ever know.

Last edited by MaryMo; 10-18-2013 at 06:00 AM.