Old 10-18-2013, 10:44 AM
charlotte37830

Thank you everyone for the positive remarks that have been posted. I thank Owlvamp for starting this swap. I offered to help so she could have some time to get her strength back and we could continue with the swap.

The way I look at it even if I don't exactly like one of the charms, the quilt isn't for me. Maybe the child it is for will. If the child isn't old enough to know what something is on the charms, it is a learning opportunity. The only I Spy quilt I have made was for a 2 year old. I figured he may not know what each item is, but his mama can use it to teach him with. Example: This is a butterfly. This is green. How many lady bugs? 1, 2, etc. If I don't think it is suitable for a child's I Spy, I just add it to the scrap pile or it is cut down to four 2.5" squares for another project. As givio and Owlvamp said: Somebody has spent their time and money to share with me. Some can afford better some can afford less. As my mom would say: If somebody gives $1, but all they have is $2 then they have given more than the millionaire that gave $1,000.

I haven't joined other swaps because they have said no JoAnns, Hobby Lobby or Wal-Mart. While I do buy from a quilting store on occasion, it isn't very often. I have 6 children and 9 grandbabies so there is always somebody that needs something. Swaps are a way for me to have a wide variety of fabrics without having to spend as much money.

If anybody is trying to decide if you want to join, please do. It really is a lot of fun. Choosing what fabric to use, cutting, mailing and then getting your charms in return. It is like Christmas getting to open the package and seeing all the different prints.