View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 08:43 PM
LLWinston44

Default Qullt for Chris' baby brother

About a month or so ago I posted looking to buy a jelly roll. (http://www.quiltingboard.com/search-...e-t229344.html). Several people responded with offers to donate fabric, and one even sent batting, for them. Well, Chris and I got started and the older two boys (8 and 11) didn't want to be left out so helped as well!! From going through fabric, to sewing and binding. The baby is two weeks old and we gave mom the quilt a few days ago, and she loved it!! The part that warms my heart the most though is later that evening when dad got home, Chris was showing it to him. His dad asked "Did you really make this!?" And Chris' reply was "Yes! Well, I let Ms Kim help though." Lol!!! Proud boys. Ttheir mom is on maternity leave, but when they come back afterwards they all have requests for the remaining fabric. No pressure right!? Lol. Heres Baby Davids quilt. Lots of mistakes, but they learned on it so the love is more important than the perfection. I asked mom if I could post pics of the kids, but she didn't really like the idea, so quilt picture only. The backing is flannel and the boys "Hhhaaaddddd to have it!!" Lol. It is Hot Wheels, what did I expect? Lolol

And... Thanks so much everyone. This really touched my heart here locally, bit to have so many reach out to support these boys really touchd me deeply.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg