View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 08:23 AM
nancia

I have been soundly reprimanded by dh. He says our new fence is sitting in my sewing room in piles and bags of fabric. He thinks i have more than enough for the rest of my life. Let me give you a little insight into this man, keeping in mind i love this guy but I'm not blind to his faults!, he has worn the Same style of shoe for more than 37 yrs. he has four pairs of shoes, dress, sneakers, sandals and slippers. He wears the same colors of dockers year round. He wears the same style tee shirt with short sleeves or long year round. His wardrobe fills 3 drawers in a dresser and one small closet for his work shirts. He does not understand having a stash of fabric. He doesn't get it that fabric lines sell out and that's it, they're gone . need i say more? Fortunately , he also stays with the same wife! He doesn't find it funny that i justify others' purchases . And he does not find it funny that i buy batting and wedges and thread, etc. connecting threads appears to be selling out much of its thread, so i have stocked up on colors i use the most. Need i say he doesn't understand why I need three spools of fucshia? And he doesn't see the fabric i didn't buy! The other day i ordered some batting from con threads and included in that was a batt of black. I have a mostly black quilt I'm making and i think the black batting makes sense. Have never tried 80/20 before, so this will be an adventure.
I would seriously like to continue this thread. I know i joke a lot, but i REALLY do need the group support, and i appreciate you enjoy my silliness. We must all remember that at the end of the day we are all human and we need joy and pleasure in our lives. For many of us fabric gives us that. Sorry to those of you who were looking for this to be humorous, but now and then i succumb to serious. Forgive me, it won't happen often! Lol