View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 09:32 AM
llong0233

Default What's the big deal?

I've been quilting for 7 years and still feel I'm in the beginner/intermediate stage. I own 3 Brothers; a mechanical, a Cs1000i and an Innovis 1250D w/embroidery feature. I love them all. But I have been intrigued by the devotion of many to the Bernina. After a few years I thought I was missing something, never having sewn on a Bernina. But I plugged along, feeling somewhat deprived but nevertheless successful in my projects. One day, in September this year, I was on Craig's List just cruising in sewing machines, and came across this cabinet, Bernina and Singer Serger for sale for $1,600. It's a Koala Lite cabinet and a Bernina Virtuoso 153QE Edition, both 2004 models. It was the Koala Cabinet I was after...I was full-up with sewing machines, but when we settled on $1,100 for both I thought it was a good deal. I could always sell the Bernina and still have the cabinet I wanted. You know where this is going, right? I have now sewn on a Bernina and I'm hooked. I wish I could describe the difference but I can't. It just feels more solid. My 1/4 inch seams are perfect; can't explain why except I suspect the feed dogs have something to do with it. Anyway, for the Bernina sewists out there, now I get what the big deal is. I absolutely love this Bernina. It doesn't have an automatic thread cutter, which I love on my Brother, but it sews beautifully. So, now I have 3 Brothers and 1 Bernina. I'm officially a quilter!
Attached Thumbnails bernina-friends.jpg