View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Aaleigha

Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
I noticed you were in the UK. Once your quilt is finished, or when you want to wash it, buy some colour catchers and throw 2/3 in the wash the first couple of times. You'll get these in your local pound shop called 'Colour Magnets' or similar, usually 12 to a box. Another alternative is Dylon, but these will be more expensive.
Happy quilting!
thanks for that I need to go to pound shop in the week to get cheap notebooks to cover for xmas so will get the colour magnets then all ready for after the weekend when I go to sturminster newton as they have a wonderful fabric store there - two hours there and another two back but so worth it

Originally Posted by Dina View Post
I have 2 three fabric quilts that I did when I was quite new to quilting....3 years ago. I am going to post them here, in case they give you ideas....not color idea, pattern ideas.

Dina
Dina thanks for- the colour ideas - I love the simplicity for the few colours - patchwork is busy and too many colours are just not me - and definitely NOT DH so we need to compromise on what I produce (he said he would fund my hobby when I finish a project he will pay for what I have needed) he thinks I wont complete - little does he know

Originally Posted by mighty View Post
Two color quilts are really beautiful!! Good luck would love to see pics when you are finished!!
it will be a while but as its going to be a sampler quilt I can show each block as I do them now I hope they are photo worthy