Old 10-20-2013, 10:51 AM
JeanieG

Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
QuiltingNinaSue, it's been a little quiet around here. I for one have had a super busy week. It's good to be busy, but I wish I wasn't quite this busy. I'm at a bit of a standstill with my block. I'm still on the log cabin one, about halfway through and am a bit stumped about what colors I want to put in spots #10, 11, 12, and 13. I think I'm almost committed to colors and hope to have a few minutes this afternoon to work on it.

Hmmmm . . . my favoriate sweet potato dish - the baked sweet potato that Texas Roadhouse makes!! LOL I don't have to cook it or clean it up. I love sweet potatoes but have never tried to grow them. I wonder if they'd grow in my climate, I think I'm zone 7. Would love to try. In the past I've only grown tomatoes, green and red peppers, hot peppers, beans (bush) and some herbs. We actually did just try a new sweet potato dish a couple of weeks ago. Chop onions and sweet potatoes and bake it. Can't remember what else was in it, but I just googled a recipe, you can find plenty. It was good! QNS, How do you store your sweet potatoes after you harvest them?

I have had a few minutes here and there to work on a binding for one of my quilts. I've been watching the archived quiltcam of Bonnie Hunter while I work on it. Does anyone watch her? I was fortunate enough to take a class from her in the fall of 2011. It was on a quilt from her book String Fling. Until then I really didn't know about her, but now I'm kind of hooked.

Happy stitching, everyone!
Cindy - You will find several Bonnie Hunter fans in our group. I can hardly wait until she posts the fabric choices next week (the 23rd I think). I've done her last three Mystery Quilts and they have turned out just beautiful. One is on my bed right now, the other two I still need to sandwich and quilt. There should be a thread posted on the Mystery here on the board, I have participated in it the last two years. Hope you join us this year!