View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 08:54 PM
nancia

I love the idea of displaying the items we've made from our stash. There are times when we have to add, but I'm sure for you as for me, it's not as often as we think. I bought a bunch of orange fabrics in 1/4 yards thinking i needed them for a project, while the pattern was on its way to me. Not only did i over buy, i found a whole box of orange fabrics. Money spent, can't take the fabric back, so I'm feeling pretty dumb! Dh merely explained the harsh reality of our financial health and pointed to the fabric as one reason it was ailing. Yes, i do have too much fabric for what i actually get finished. Most of my quilting has gone to others in swaps, which i love doing, but i haven't given quilts to two of my kids, nor my husband, my sister and her kids or myself, and then I can start on donations and art quilts. I do have three flimseys and fabrics pulled for about ten other projects. At the rate i sew i have more than enough for the next twenty years, heaven help me i should live that long! Mom passed at 91 and dad was 84, so I could actually live another thirty years easily. Guess i better get started, i have lots to do!