View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 04:00 AM
DustysMomma

The man (who isn't my husband) doesn't fuss at me for what I buy, and as I've mentioned, he just bought me a new Topaz 30 sewing machine, when I went looking for a much less expensive one. Honestly, it's to cover his guilt about the amount of time he works, so I let him have his guilt and I have my fabric and new sewing machine. However, my sewing room is also our guest room, and it's the smallest bedroom of the 4 in the house, so I'm very limited on space. If I remember right, I think I joined this moratorium when I was still stashing in plastic bags. Now I have 2 stacked 3-drawer Rubbermaid dressers almost full, plus the box I can't seem to empty. Sure, I've bought a lot of stash this year, but for me, participating in the moratorium has slowed me down. It's made me think about what I'm buying in terms of what I can use it with instead of "Ooh, I like that & I gotta have it!" I don't have nearly as much stash as many of you do, but I still am unhappy with my storage and can't find what I want much of the time, so I have to stay strong and not make the problem worse by adding more fabric because I like it.

My non-wagon fall fabric purchase of the week is a jelly roll of Christmas fabric for a Christmas tree mat for the man's SIL, and backing fabric. The completed mat (In Denmark they don't care about seeing the base, unlike most Americans) made by the Danish directions would be 135 cm (53" +/-) square, but since I'm using a jelly roll and it's 2.5" strips instead of 6.5 cm (2.55"), it's going to be a touch smaller. I'm hoping that I'll have enough leftovers to make another project & not put the leftovers in stash!