Old 10-22-2013, 04:40 AM
gardnergal970

Dubib...so sorry to hear about your apprentice. How is your sewing room coming along?
Carrie....welcome back. Sounds like you're spreading the addiction. Quilts have a charm all of their own.
Mirabelle...love your two quilts. The first looks like you did the sashing the same way I did my last scrappy quilt. I still have some of those odd 1 3/4 inch strips left. I think I'll use them like you did. I think I can figure out why you still had that layer cake....those colors are too bright for you! They are making up very nice though. That little smurffette will get dizzy watching all of the fabric go by. Be careful she doesn't get caught in a seam!
Jan...did the S16 remember all that you taught it?
i got block 5 of SYE done yesterday and just need to see a couple more slices of fabric on one slice and all the wedges for block 6 are ready to sew together today. They take a lot of time. Today I shop and run errands in the morning. We had our first hard frost last night so the garden needs a final clean up if it doesn't rain. Have a good one all.