View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 04:34 PM
Bneighbor

Originally Posted by sewred View Post
I have a question I'm asking for a friend who is doing some embroidery for her daughter. Her daughter asked her to make her veil. She wants her to embroider on it using metallic threads. How would you go about stabilizing it ( what type to use) and/or how would you keep from moving, etc.. Any tips and/or suggestions?
i did my nieces veil this summer. I hooped water solvable sticky stabilizer, set the veiling on the sticky then topped with water solvable clear topper. This kept the veiling from moving. The topper kept the stitches above the veiling and also kept the embroidery foot from acedently catching the veiling and tearing it. I used both metallic threads and rayon threads in the design. When done with the embroidery, I soaked the veiling in warm water, gently rolled in between two towels to help dry it, then hung to finish dry. Lightly sprayed with light starch and pressed between two pressing cloths. Turned out beautiful. Practice your design on pieces of netting first. Good luck. This will be a beautiful project and a great memory.