Old 10-22-2013, 06:34 PM
CookyIN

Originally Posted by Bilben View Post
Neesie, I don't think you should worry about offending anyone with your emotions. It makes sense that you want to get to know your partner, but here is my take on things, for what it's worth.

I know that a lot of people are getting frustrated that there are so many of us out here who don't post much, if at all, and I'll try to give you my own personal thoughts on this. I know that for me, I am going way outside of my comfort box when I post, and I know there are others just like me. We read everything and enjoy the banter, but feel safer staying on the sidelines. That's not to say that anyone here is making us feel unsafe or unwelcome (people on this board are more than welcoming), but some of us are shy and reserved by nature and that is just the way it is. It might be hard to believe that anxiety can be a concern even sitting here anonymously behind a computer, but I can assure you, it can.

Another thought I have: sometimes by the time I have caught up on all the reading, the question that was asked several pages back has been answered by some people and the topic has moved on, and it feels like the question was answered so there is no need for me to post. Because we don't know who our SS is, we don't know which question to answer. Does that make sense? I think I've just confused myself!

I agree that it would be nice to know more about our partners and that it can be frustrating to not get much information, but I'd bet that everyone in this swap is excited about it and will appreciate whatever they receive. Maybe people can get someone else to PM your quiet partners to get more information?
I like it when you post, because I love looking at your avatar!