View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 10:08 AM
suziehammond

Originally Posted by amelia0607 View Post
I would like to make this picture into a 6.5" quilt block. Any suggestions for how best to do this? I'm so very new to quilting in general that I don't even know where to begin. Thanks!!! (BTW, I'm going to post this on the main board as well but think you art quilters might have more creative idea
One Q--Why so small? You might find it a little easier to work slightly larger. (At least I would)

I would take that photo, grab some beiges with a variety of interesting very small prints or textures, iron some heat'n'bond to them and start cutting. (Ok lots of folks like making pattern pieces out of clear Home Depot plastic or some other media first and layering them on your background fabric to see how the shapes create your kitty) The iron on makes great pictures easy. Just go a few pattern pieces at a time and you can build that great looking pussy cat.

Or I have also had some good success with photo transfer. It partly depends on the end use, small space on the bathroom wall? Series of Q blocks to be used for a larger project? A little more dat might net some more usable advice.

In any case good luck and post your finished product here so we can have a look at your results.