Old 10-24-2013, 04:04 AM
CookyIN

Originally Posted by madbury View Post
My stepdaughter's fourth grade teacher is a knitter and yesterday was the start of Knit Club which meets before school on Tuesday mornings. They had 10 girls and 4 boys sign up and my SD is so excited about it! So tonight she suggested that we sit in my sewing room and get crafty. She sat in her beanbag chair and knitted her Harry Potter Gryffindor scarf and I finished piecing the top to a tablerunner, and started and completed two projects for my SS! Whew! It was a great night, finished off by some amazing fresh pumpkin chocolate chip bars.

I'm loving the look of the new Quilty Fun book, and am contemplating joining in on Fat Quarter Shop's sew along. This book matches my style completely. Anybody done an online sew along like that before?
That is fabulous; sounds like a wonderful evening! How nice of the teacher to start the club, and it's nice that the guys are joining in too. Your DSD's beanbag chair is within striking distance of your sewing machine -- meaning that she may catch the quilting bug too!

I haven't done any sew-alongs but have made up my mind that I'll join in one of Craftsy's mystery quilt-alongs when one with the perfect fabrics comes along. I knew FQS did mystery quilts; is this the quilt-along you're talking about, or do they have other things as well?