Old 10-24-2013, 10:17 AM
Honchey

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/challah

Challah bread is a slightly sweet egg bread similar to Hawiian bread...I make my soup with an already cooked rotisserie chicken..I add 2 quarts of chicken stock and 2 quarts of water...I remove the breasts from the chicken ..the meat dries out otherwise...I also add whatever juices are in the container that the chicken comes in, after about 3 hours of simmering I remove the rest of the chicken, skin & bones..debone it set it aside..I add carrots, celery, potatoes...sometimes cut up okra when available fresh..let it cook till veggies tender..I will then add the cut up escarole and return the chicken to the pot..I cook little pasta stars separately...the kids love little pastas...easier for them to spoon up...For the rest of us in the USA..I get the Kendall brand chicken broth from Dollar Tree..$1 for a quart..it's very good...no MSG!
I don't add any salt to this as the chicken is already seasoned...I will sometimes use 2 chickens & double the broth...I will make chicken salad from the meat of the second chicken..celery & mayo only..This way I have a few quarts of
soup left over..store in GLASS jars in the coldest part of the fridge and it will keep longer or freeze the normal way you do anything liquid....

Bad News for my knee...I have to have it replaced...He said sooner is better as the thigh bone is beginning to bow out from the knee and that will create more problems...So I have to psyche myself into having it done...Maybe this spring....I'm not in a good mood now I don't even want to think about it

Last edited by Honchey; 10-24-2013 at 10:21 AM.