View Single Post
Old 10-24-2013, 04:41 PM
Stitch124

Default Day trip to No. Georgia

My DH and I celebrated our 9th anniversary today. We almost didn't make it!!! lol It's been a really rough year....but God's been in the middle of our relationship all the time so we can say we made it with His good grace.

We took a day trip to the city of Dalonega and had lunch at the Smith House. My first trip there. We had a late lunch - about 2:30pm and it was very quiet at first, but then atmosphere changed, and wasn't exactly what I was expecting. It was an all you can eat but it wasn't as formal as I thought it would be. Dining rooms were really big and loud as more people came in. If the floors had rugs it might have dulled the clanking dishes sounds. The food and the wait staff was good. I guess I was just expecting and more formal atmosphere and $16.00 for lunch!!! That was way to much for lunch...plus a tip...pretty pricey.

Then we walked around the town. Cute town but I was disappointed there wasn't a quilt shop nearby. Did I miss it?

Anyway, we had a nice day together...now chillin' watching the World Series and catching up on QB.

Life is Good-- today! How was your Thursday?

Stitch124

Last edited by Stitch124; 10-24-2013 at 04:46 PM.