Old 10-25-2013, 06:10 AM
Just Jan

Originally Posted by charlottequilts View Post
Lori, have you considered making pillows instead? I would think that would be easier and you could leave a frayed edge outside of the stitching, like a rag quilt. That way, you could stitch the edges first and cut second. I haven't made pillows, myself, but if you use a form, that sounds a lot easier than dealing with a quilt. The sweater should adhere to the form nicely while you're making it. Plus, it would be huggable. You might try that while you're experimenting.

hugs,
Charlotte
I totally agree with Charlotte. Pillows would be my way to go. I have seen designer pillows made using the main part of a sweater and even using its collar and/or sleeves by folding them across it in a decorative pattern. I think cuddling with a sweater pillow would be kinda like cuddling with that memories of the person who wore it. And the pillows I saw were adorable and would be fast to make. You might consider this for using some of the sweaters that aren't 100% wool. I'm sure if you search the internet you can find some free patterns and tutorials for them. Good Luck. Jan