View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 12:06 PM
sparkys_mom

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
You think the Kona card is expensive, I looked into a Moda Marble card and it was a WHOLE lot more!! I have shops for some fabric for a project of mine and noticed that Hancock of Paducah has quite an assortment of Kona Solids. And you won't pay more than a $5.00 flat rate for shipping. I think it may have been 1000 bolts I think carry Moda solids with quite a section of colors. I do understand your frustration. Hang in there and good luck !!
Thanks for the tip on Hancock's. I just looked and they do seem to have a wide variety. The trick is to not get that subsequent email that says "Thanks for your order but we are sold out on half the colors you want." That's what happened to me with the last quilt. Anyway, I will likely give this a try.

I didn't really mind paying for the color card. What I mind is not being able to get the fabric when I need it.

I do order Bella solids from Thousands of Bolts and that is a much simpler task since they put the colors in sequence instead of bouncing all over the color wheel. Their minimum cut is 1 yard unless they have a FQ and I don't really need a lot of any one color.

To be honest, I'm tempted to just order a FQ of every solid that Connecting Threads carries and just work with those. They don't have the range of colors but at least I know I can get it and I think their quality is good.