Old 10-26-2013, 01:38 AM
Sheluma

Oh man, you've got a bad case (or a hundred). The duct tape on the bentwood case looks ancient, and it's still holding strong! It may even be from the days when it was called duck tape. (From duck the fabric, not the quack quack duck).

The first one that your GD decorated has a brown-paper-bag look to it that is not unattractive (from here, anyway). Or it could be the decorations. Maybe just glue fabric to the non-smelly ones and call it a day (or a week)? You have so many!!

I had to laugh at the contact paper and duct tape. They were two of my mom's favorite things. Especially that wood grain. She would sometimes use it to cover books that were falling apart. I think she used it because it was handy, not because she wanted the books to look like faux wood. She was practical. Aesthetics came 2nd. Or 3rd or 4th.

I think my favorite one is the home-made wooden one, if it's solid. It's practical and looks like it will take a beating. Your post makes me regret the 2 nice cases I gave away with machines. I didn't realize how rare they are. I don't have any cases except for FWs, and my green/white one is musty-smelling but clean at least.