Old 10-26-2013, 07:55 AM
janRN

Just got caught up on the posts. All I can say is, I agree with OK--a group hug is in order!! Last year was a horrible year for me and you all rallied around and got me through it. For all you facing health, family, and other issues, please count on this group to get you through--it's amazing how much we know and care about each other.

I have to catch yinz up on my work situation. Found out that the last employee (the one who stole prescription pads) has been arrested along with her sleaze of a boyfriend. Still don't know how many rx's she wrote, sold, used or whatever but also found out she's a heroin addict and the day she called off work because she went to the Emergency Room with "a really bad cold" she was actually taken there by police because of a heroin overdose. My office manager and I have been nurses for over 40 years each, doc has been in practice for at least that long and we didn't know!! We're kicking ourselves and feeling stupid because looking back, we missed so many signs in the 3 weeks she was with us. Now we see what she was doing when she went out to her car or was in the bathroom for a long time. But the thing is, her last employer gave her good references. Did she fool them, too?

Good news (I think) is that we hired someone to start Monday. I got to interview her, too, and she had no visible tattoos, no visible body piercings, and no visible needle tracks on her arms (I looked!!!). Now, to hold our breaths and hope she works out and I can go back to semi-retirement. I like the pay checks (I call them "big girl paychecks" LOL) but I haven't had time to spend them. Look out LQS's if she does work out--I see a major FART and boost to the economy and my stash coming!!!

Have a great week-end and take care of yourselves. Do something you enjoy just for you!