View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 08:35 AM
mpeters1200

When this link was posted http://www.tfsr.org/pub/technical_in...echanism_2.pdf I didn't have a chance to really delve into it. It says 66 & 99 but it certainly looks like the tensioner on my 221 as well. Are all the parts the same?

So, nobody laugh. If anyone heard an explosion similar to a nuclear bomb going off a few minutes ago it was me screaming. The "scream" heard round the world. I just got my shipment in from sew-classic and was putting it all together. New felt piece underneath, those felt circly things, seam guide, new bobbins and some tri-flow. I unthreaded the machine and you will never guess what happened?!?!? The stupid upper tension thing completely flew off the machine. The silver knob, the thingy with the numbers on it, the stop washer, everything previous to the beehive spring.

I didn't know if I was gonna have a heart attack or just cry like crazy. Course I can't get ANYTHING back on. So I'm giving myself a time out in which I'm going to cut up some scraps, hug my kids, try and calm down and then take the laptop with the tension article and go downstairs and see if I can put this )$#**&$@^# tension thingy back together again. And to think I once spent a significant amount of time trying to take it off on purpose!

Yeah, I still haven't calmed down enough yet. I am mad enough to spit nails! ARRRRGGGGGG!!!!