View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 06:07 AM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
If it's not an infection causing the sore throat the only thing that helps me is yogurt drink with all the bacteria. It comes 8 tiny bottles to a package and cost .88. Maybe a $1 at some stores. Walmart has it here.
this really gives a boost to fighting off stuff. Your gut "flora" is brought back into balance and since I have I.B.S. I think when the colon is off, so is most everything else.
Also, my doctor highly reccommends the old fashioned warm salt water rinse several times a day.
It helps remove the irritating drainage from the back of the throat and it gives a "jar" to the immunes system and kicks it into gear to do it's job.
Don't forget the old: drink LOTS of fluids to keep everything hydrated and working it's best. Under-hydration is like a car not getting enough gas.
Oh yeah, one more thing. For coughs: My grandmother always put a very wet dish towel around our necks to stop coughing. The trick is not to let it get warm.
It absolutely works and when I was pregnant with my first, I was coughing so hard I was spotting! (yikes)...doctor prescribed some cough syrup but remembered grandma's old remedy and it was better than anything!
I had a bowl of cool water near the bed and just refreshed the towel every so often.