View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 03:30 PM
mdall

[QUOTE=grann of 6;6371819]All the ornies are adorable. The spool ones are neat, but unfortunately I don't do a large tree anymore and those wouldn't fit on my little sewing tree. I don't know how you part with old thread spools. I have a bunch, some left from my mother, and others have been given to me, but since the wooden ones are such a rarity, I can't imagine my making anything out of them. One day they will be put in a vintage jar for display.

Grann, I feel the same way about those vintage spools. These however were already painted when I opened the box. I think they were from years ago before I started quilting and knew how old they were. I just repainted them since they were already painted in the first. I will be buying the ones from the craft store from now on and looking for more of the vintage ones to add to my collection. Since starting to quilt I have learned more about them and have started collecting vintage sewing notions. Hoping one day to get a shadow box or something to display them in.