View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 04:57 AM
BellaBoo
Power Poster

I live about 2 hours away. Dangerous! LOL. I go often. In fact I'm going there with some quilt buddies next week for a day out. The back of the warehouse is where the bolts are kept. You can buy the bolt for $2 - $4 a yard. Wholesale buyers get a % off that price. They won't open a bolt to cut yardage, you have to buy the bolt. The yardage is up front that will be cut. You may see many quilt shop vans in the parking lot from all over the surrounding states. I will jot down the name of the shop on the van, and go to their website later to see the mark up on the fabric they bought. LOL. It's eye opening. Of course the shops have to make a profit but it's hard to pay $8$-$10 a yard when I know they got it at $2.50 a yard max most at $1.98. The other warehouse is where the fabric rolls are stored from the manufacturers. Workers fold the fabric on bolts. Another warehouse hold the fabric rolls. It's a huge operation. They sell every fabric line except Moda and I haven't seen any Hoffman batiks there. Some Connecting Thread fabric is there too. The Reps are very friendly.

Last edited by BellaBoo; 10-28-2013 at 05:00 AM.