View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 06:01 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

So many spectacular Christmas and Winter Quilts to enjoy. Thank you to everyone who has shared their quilts.

A special Thank You to Whitney60 for starting this thread ... I am sure it is going to turn into one long thread as it's a perfect way to showcase everyone's quilts and for all of us to gain inspiration to make more!

This one is from Nancy Halvorsen's Star of Wonder pattern book. I kept pretty much to her pattern though added the extra row of sheep to make it larger. I called it "They Followed the Star" though as you can see, there's one lost soul amidst the flock. Much like many of us who lose our way, and eventually find "the" way! And of course, I just had to have a black sheep!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]443744[/ATTACH]

The backing is scrappy from the leftover darks of the quilt. Many of them had some bling!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]443745[/ATTACH]

When I made the quilt, I made several sheep, then decided which ones looked best for the placement. One of the extras was made into a zippered flanged pillow sham. There's nothing "Christmas" about it, so in the off-season the quilt folds up for storage in the sham, and the pillow can stay out and be enjoyed year round.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]443746[/ATTACH]

Again, the backing is scrappy!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]443748[/ATTACH]

This was a 40" table topper I made a couple years ago for my "adopted" family's Christmas exchange. The winner decided it was plenty big enough for her baby to have a baby Christmas quilt for the first few years, before she could use it as a table topper. The blocks are the Churn Dash or Hole in the Barn Door with fussy cut centres of Santa's deer! Backing was done in the red/black print.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]443749[/ATTACH]

I see that others have included winter non-Christmas, so here's my Fr♥sty from last year, also for my "adopted" family's Christmas exchange. I've been gathering fabrics this last while, as he'll have some siblings born this year, one for myself and another for a friend! I made a point of no Christmas specific fabrics in it, so that Fr♥sty could be enjoyed all thru the winter, til Spring thaw!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]443750[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails sheep-11-.jpg   sheep-16-.jpg   sheeppillow-3-.jpg   sheeppillow-2-.jpg   churndashleslie-1-.jpg  

frosty-012.jpg