View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 09:09 AM
Sunflowerzz

Default Lei Lani: A rescue

Lei Lani was one of my first rescues, she was in the back of the consignment building surrounded by refrigerators and appliances completely hidden from sight along with two treadles. She was in her topless case just plunked down half in half out and very dirty. For some reason my heart went out to her. I had the young men move all of the large appliances and bring her out. They carried her to the front of the store and the manager started searching for a picture or description in the computer to match her because she wasn't tagged, I was walking around still browsing while he was doing that when I spied what I thought was her top over on the other side of the store. It was, and it had her info on it.

I gave it to him and he said she had been there since the store opened two years earlier and should have been gone a long time ago ( like that was her fault!) She was tagged 74.95 and he said the best he could do was half off. I had already made up my mind I didn't care what the price was she was coming home with me. She was very dusty dirty, needed a new belt and new tension assembly and either I have to recover her case or put her in a table.

Yesterday I finished her makeover with the help of Miriam who found a tension assembly for her and mailed it to me and now she is ready for her new forever home. She sews quietly and very nicely, she is easy to use and uncomplicated. As soon as I gave her a test run I knew she wasn't "The One" I am searching for as my go to machine. She does run very nicely though. I feel terrific about saving her!! Wanna see?
Attached Thumbnails img_5018.jpg   img_5023.jpg