Old 10-31-2013, 11:03 AM
Jennifer23

Thanks, everyone - it's been two days, and I'm still doing the happy dance. I think I got really lucky with this one. I have a little Post-it note by my desk that says:
- 99 - hand crank
- 201 - treadle?
- 15-91 - electric, cabinet #40?
- fancy decals (Red Eye 66? Lotus? 127 Phoenix? 115 Gingerbread?)
- FW 222 (if I win the lottery)

Now I can cross off the last one on that list! I didn't even have to win a lottery to afford it, and I feel like I won by getting the machine. I've been checking ads in every city where I have family or friends for almost a year; I've seen a couple 221's for around $100, but was never quick enough to get one, so I'm super, super happy about this one.

Cecilia: Sadly, there were no asbestos tiles in the box. Stitching so fast I would burn the house down has always been a possibility for me, so that would have been a perfect solution.

profannie: I looked up the tile manufacturer, and they were from California, not Quebec. There were exports in the 50's, though. I find the issues surrounding asbestos really interesting, so I wouldn't have minded having a Quebec asbestos floor tile sample! I love the things that come with old machines; your first aid kit sounds great.