View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 04:03 AM
Edie

Thanks a heckuva lot - I just had to find out what Starflower was. I love it! Got the pattern, put it in my favorites and one of these days I will do it as a cover for the back of our couch! I am in the process simulataneously of making Quilts for Kids, seeing if I can help with that a bit here in Minnesota, making a quilt for my husband and I "Floating Stars" and binding a quilt for #1 son and his wife! By Christmas!

I am one of them that cleans the house up, does the chores, gets supper going and then when the errands are taken care of (which includes JoAnns and/or Hancock, I go to my ironing board and table (sewing room until I can put together my new Quilting Center) (which I will be getting for Christmas from my husband). If I get it done today or tomorrow or next year, who is going to care except me and life is too short to worry about getting everything done. It is always good to have something in the wings. And changing projects is always good. You don't get frustrated, angry or bored with what you are doing. I generally have three irons in the fire. I don't think I could handle any more. If I have a small coverlet I will hand quilt it, the big ones I have professionally done, for one thing I think they hold up better, the quilters are better able to handle heavy quilts in the space that they have than I am, so I have found the world's best quilting shop, "Quilt Yourself" in Savage, Minnesota. They are helpful, kind, generous and fun! And they teach you how to do it yourself and you can use their machines. We live a long way from them and so when I do have a quilt that I want done, I take it there. We have been there three times in 2009. I am anticipating once in 2010 with my Floating Stars and I believe I will be making another Cancer quilt this coming year for the Susan G Komen Breast Cancer walk. Actually, I don't believe I will be making it, I know I am going to be making it! This may be a yearly project for me. They made an awful lot of money on the one I made this year and they asked me the day of the raffle drawing if I would make another one for next year and I already said yes. So that takes care of that, I guess! So it will be two times in 2010.

I just say, do what makes you happy and if you have a backlog, you'll get to it, because it isn't going to go anyplace!!!!!

I love making quilts! Edie