Old 11-01-2013, 08:37 AM
janRN

Got an unexpected day off today--no electricity in the whole town. We had a horrible storm last night--rained so hard I thought my windows would break and 60-70 mph winds. Scarey. We have power in my town so I went to work, walked in and black as night in the office. Doc said use your cell phones, cancel who you can reach, then hang a sign in the window and enjoy the rest of the day. No computers, no office phones=day off. I like it.

I've spent all morning getting caught up on all the posts since last week. We're over 7000--who would have thought that? What good friends you've all become and I love checking in with all of you. So many things going on: the MBs are beautiful! We are all going to have such outstanding quilts!! You are all awesome. Beautiful kitchen, lovely quilts, exciting trips (not counting Anne's "trip around the dining room"), getting together with friends and family, sharing good and bad news. I feel like I'm coming home when I'm here.

I'm going to the Bat Cave and work on a Christmas table topper for my BFF. She's the one who was diagnosed with ovarian cancer almost 2 years ago--she's amazing. She's still fighting and doing pretty well. Last Thanksgiving they gave her 1-3 weeks to live. I guess she's proved them wrong!!! Keep the prayers and positive vibes coming for her, please--something's working for her!