View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 05:14 AM
weezie

You're welcome, ERHausFrau. The Starflower was really very difficult for me to put together ... far and away the hardest piecing I've ever done and the end result is not as satisfactory as I would like. I put a picture on this QB of the completed top at a point when I didn't think I even wanted to finish the quilt and wondered what should I do with it. I was going to tell you this morning where you could see it, but now I can't find it. I went back all the way to April of past messages before I gave up looking. Anyway, it sounds to me as though you are more skilled than I at piecing ... so Starflower might be a "piece of cake" for you to make. Hope so!

Back in the day when I had 3 children living at home, had a 5-day a week job and kept a clean, neat house and my flower beds cleaned up, I made most of my own clothes, made dolls, sewed for my kids, etc., etc. Now that it's just me (retired) and my DH (retired) living here, I do very little of ANYTHING ... EVER. Apparently I've grown very fond of the layer of dust that's on everything in this house. And it takes me for forever and a day to finish a quilt. Go figure!