Old 11-01-2013, 06:39 PM
retiredteacher09

We did have a great time! I didn't even get nervous about meeting her so I knew it was God's plan for us.

Quilt Cove was a new experience for me. It was truly overwhelming to see all of the quilts and other projects covering the walls.

We had a super friendly checkout girl at Mills End who never said a word about them closing. That's so sad.

The few times I have gone into IKEA, I get real panicky because it always seems there is only one way out and that is to follow the arrows. But when Trudy and I went there, I felt such a calmness and it was so enjoyable with my 'new friend'.

It was fun to see the Mall of America Lego Land and the rides through her eyes.

I am still amazed that I reached out to her, over the Internet no less! But what a great experience and so much fun chatting and learning about each other.

Unfortunately, I can't quite get the hang of making the zipper pins because HANDWORK is not for me. I am amazed at the creative pins some of the ladies can make. I do help them in other ways though.

As I am typing this, I am smiling at the warm memories that we made with each other.

Connie