View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 05:14 AM
Gerbie

Originally Posted by BarbaraTX View Post
In another thread, I asked about what to make for my grandchildren's teachers. Several said tote bags, and that's what I've decided to make them. I plan on including a tissue holder and a small zippered pouch. My question to teachers/former teachers is: what other (inexpensive) items would be appreciated that I can include.
Thanks.

I'm a retired 1st grade teacher, and I loved my chalk holder, especially since I seemed to be allergic to chalk. Also a nice thing for Elem. teachers who teach art in the classroom from time to time would be a cute coverup apron, I often forgot to take one when I had some messy art project in my lesson plans. I would NOT suggest markers or whiteboard pens, as some teachers may not be able to use them. I had major problems with these myself and had to give mine away due to allergies, I could not handle hand sanitizers either, instant headache when around some of these things. Pkgs of stickers are great, all ages seem to love stickers. Perhaps some cute rubber stamps with cute sayings to stamp student papers and a stamp pad- one of my favorite stamps I had that I used for so many years, until one of my students had big sticky fingers was a stamp with my name on it. I used this for all of my personal papers, and for anything I shared with others, so they would remember who they borrowed from - we shared a lot of materials and work pages over the years.