View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 05:33 AM
Bobbielinks

Default Sneak peek Blue and Yellow Tulip quilt

It is ready to quilt!! Finally!!! I started the applique and piecing of this quilt a few years ago, then ran into a snag when I did not think I could applique the small circle pieces on the border. They are about the size of a nickel. I machine appliqued the tulips and the outside dark blue border and really enjoyed the process. The tulips were so easy to do as they were appliqued on the background squares before stitching the squares together. Then a few weeks ago, I had a block of time, (yes, it was when the highway in front of my home was being oiled, I could not get out and no one could not get in) I decided I would hand applique the circles. Believe me, you would not want to see my hand applique. It is worst than very bad. Besides the hand appliqued one looked out of place with all the other machine appliqued. Ripped out the one circle that I had done and decided I would try to do one on the machine. I went really, really slow, turning the fabric about every other stitch. Probably took me longer to do them on the machine than by hand, but I was able to get the top ready to quilt. Hopefully, I will have it quilted in the next few months. Isn't it wonderful to always have something to look forward to?
Attached Thumbnails october-21-20013-011.jpg   october-21-20013-012.jpg   october-21-20013-013.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-02-2013 at 06:22 AM. Reason: remove advertising