View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 05:37 AM
DustysMomma

I plan to only buy what I need for projects and possibly a few remnants I know I can use for the rest of the year. I have so much sewing I need to get done before Christmas! I didn't get my Humira shot this week (long story), but I have it in hand and will be getting my first dose on Monday. I am very hopeful that it's going to help a lot so I will feel up to all that I need to get done.

Speaking of all I need to get done....

I'm looking for project ideas for something. I have 8-9 people that work in the man's office that we have to give something to. It's traditional that all the professors in the department make a donation to the pot, which is then split between all of the admin people, and the department chair (which would be the man) puts something with it from him. Well, last year I made mug rugs and that went over great. I'm just not sure what to make this year. If 3 of them weren't men (1 of them single) then it would be easier, since women like all sorts of household items. I told the man last year that unlike the previous chair, I wanted to do everything I could to be sure that whatever we gave them was useful to the recipient instead of just their spouse. It doesn't have to be Christmas themed either. The mug rugs I made last year were mostly beach themed. I could make the ladies something girly and the men something else, and I've considered a travel cord keeper pouch with a monogram or something techie on it & a grill towel that hooks on your grill & has a cookout themed item embroidered on it. Of all the scouring online the last few weeks, nothing else seems interesting so far. So, if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.