View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 04:06 AM
Edie

Christmas season starts the 26th of December. (Get what I mean?) But I don't start the decorating and the music until December 1. Traditional in our family. Then starts the Lutefisk, the Potatis Korv, Stollen and other mementos that are privy to our family and anyone else that wants to know our traditions. The tree goes up the Saturday before my sister's birthday (December 20) and the tree comes down the day after my husband's birthday (January 4) (unfortunately he passed away this past March, but he knows I will still always take the tree down on January 4). This year I will have an artificial tree all decorated out on the porch - it was my mother's tree (she passed away this past July) and that will stay up until the 6th of January (Epiphany). The big tree will be a Fraser Fir, which was my husband's favorite. But the five weeks of Christmas will be loaded with music - preferably the carols. My very best favorite is "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day".

I hope to have everything done early this year so I can sit back and sew on my quilts and those will be the "I didn't get them done for Christmas, but I hope you like a nice Fourth of July gift!!!!!!"

I have the Christmas spirit every day as every one should. The Christmas spirit lasts such a short time with some people and then some people start getting grumbly around the middle of Christmas. I feel bad for them because this is such a good time of year. It may not be as important as Easter, but still it seems to be a time when people are happier and more willing to help.

I love Christmas music, but I love it the best when there is snow on the ground and everyone comes together and the world is just a little bit better. I guess that is the spirit, eh? Edie