Thread: 8 Year Olds
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 08:52 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

It is just terrific that you are starting your daughter early!! We do need to keep the art going!! And what a wonderful way to spend some mom-daughter time!!

When my older grands were young they begged to make a quilt. When Cody was about 9 or 10 I had these samples of men's suit fabrics. They were in a samples book from a men's store. some were wool some were linen etc. Cody sewed rows of 10 together and then sewed the rows together. It was the size of a large lap quilt and because of all the wool it was very very heavy! But really warm! He was so pleased with himself!

Recently I signed two of my grands up for the kids Doll Quilt swap. But the ones that really got into making the a DQ were my twin grandsons who just turned 6 Nov 23rd. They both got really excited and stayed with it all the way through! They were so proud of what they made! I wished I had signed them up but I think they were happy to take theirs home and show Mom. Yes I did some hand on hand but they did a great job. They even picked out their own fabric for their borders. And I had them make design decisions along the way. It was fun to work with them on the little quilts! I hope to set up a machine they can use instead of having them use my Singer.