Thread: Hexi Addiction
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 06:22 AM
humbird

Originally Posted by QuiltnMyra View Post
I am a hexi addict. Are there any more of you out there? Would love to hear your stories and see your work. Do you buy your papers or make them yourself? Do you like to work with big ones or little ones? Do you enjoy appliquing them to a background or make your whole project from them or both? Do you like to take-along stitch or curl up in front of TV or a warm fire in winter and stitch?
Yep, I'm an addict. Just getting ready to applique my 3rd quilt top to a stright edge border. (Need to have it quilted by next March for a wedding gift) I print my papers from a site on the computer and cut them out. Mine are all 1 inch hexies. So far that is. May make some changes in the future. I make my whole project with hexies. I applique the whole quilt top to a stright edge border. I have done applique on the borders however. I do both take along and and TV/warm fire stitching. For inspiration, see this blog, http://faeriesandfibres.blogspot.ca/ Thlis lady does some really nice things with hexagons, and diamonds. I plan to do my next quilt using her instructions for paper piecing the hexies. That really changes the look of those little darlings!!