View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 09:23 AM
michelleoc

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I used to have my Juki on a Gracie frame and realized that I wasn't enjoying quilting because of all the tension/needle breakage issues. The Juki seems to arbitrarily change its tension. Here are some of the things that I did. I hope all the good ideas you got from everyone will help you. 1) have the machine professionally cleaned/serviced; 2) I had the most luck with size 18 needles; 3) regulate your speed as best you can. The Juki can sew really fast, but I don't think the needle and thread can keep up on a frame; 4) make sure your presser foot is up when you thread the machine; 5) make sure that the area where you are quilting is not lying on the machine, it needs to be raised up a little so there is no 'drag' when you are sewing. I found that a lot of my time when quilted was taken up adjusting the roller and moving them up. Conversely, the roller that is on the front of the frame can't be too far down, because then your fabric is on a hill. I hope that makes sense. Good luck!