View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 10:05 AM
omak

Well, personally, I think Miss Charisma photos really well ... and, thank you, Miss Dglver for NOT putting up the picture with my tongue sticking out ... I got to thinking about something else, and ... well ... it was less than flattering, I am sure!
Dglver is planning some get-togethers, and I think we will probably be planning retreats ... so, we will be keeping you posted.
While we were at the Fabric Patch, there was a young gal putting a quilt on the Innova with Miss Donna and we got to see her do some work with this mid-arm long arm machine. Miss Dglver asked what the pattern was, and know-it-all me says: It is a sampler ...
at which point, the quilting Miss says ... no, all the blocks are different color arrangements but the name of the block is "hot fudge sundae with a cherry on top"
so, we go looking for the book, but, alas ... no where to be found! Bummer! We did however find many other things and fabric and books .... :thumbup:
And, I think that one block, different color placements would be a fun quilt to make ... now to find a block pattern we can agree on!
Of course, as with most things in my life, I have never done before .. I don't know what or how to get it done, but if I wake up tomorrow, I figure God is moving me forward, so I will come up with some ideas.
Plan A - - two pounds of scraps ... any number of participants, start making a designated size of block ... with my production ideas of getting things done, we might be able to all walk out with a quilt made of fabrics from each other ...
oh, I forgot to tell you, didn't I?
A BIG table .... two pounds of scraps ... dumped on a BIG table and ready, set, SEW!
I will iron and cut pieces ... no fair being selective about the scraps ... we all have those boxes <g>
We shall see what we shall see .... ;)